Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Welcome Back... to the Blog!

It has been months since I have updated the blog.  As I posted on my last blog, it was hard to get excited about team that didn’t seem too excited to play.  I did watch (at least parts) of mostly every game towards the end of the season, but it was difficult.  Valentine wasn’t managing the way the players needed him to manage- with passion.  Players were injured, players were returning from injuries, and players so far down on the depth-chart that they seemed to come out of nowhere were starting.

I know these should not be excuses.  I love the Sox; I have always loved the Sox.  Watching and writing about this team everyday was like reliving a nightmare, over and over and over again. 

So, with that all said, I have decided I will write in the blog when I choose.  It’s the offseason (well, the World Series starts tonight, but it’s the offseason for the Sox).  The Red Sox have fired Valentine, traded for/hired Farrell as manager, and there’s a new sense of optimism.  Heck, even I, who is very pessimistic with this team at times, have a new sense of optimism after the Farrell signing.  When things come up this Hot Stove Season that I feel the need to write about, I will write. 

Honestly, I need to get back into the groove of writing.  Writing is a passion of mine, as well as the Sox.  I identify myself as a writer, and I need to make it a priority again.  So, without further adieu, welcome back to the blog and enjoy my post about the new Red Sox manager, John Farrell.

No comments:

Post a Comment