Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Red Sox Could Make History Tonight

Tonight, the Red Sox take on the Cardinals for Game 6 of the World Series.  The Red Sox hold a 3-2 lead in the Series and are hoping to win tonight.  If the Red Sox do win, it'll be the first time since 1918 that the Red Sox have won the World Series at Fenway.  Red Sox will send John Lackey to the mound, and the Cardinals will send Michael Wacha.

The Red Sox are taking over every aspect of media: social, television, radio, news, etc.  I thought I would do something a little different in today's post.  Most things I've read lately have been based on statistics, line-ups, and pitching match-ups.  I've been enjoying all the other aspects of the World Series: the interviews, photos, fan reactions, and little tidbits of information popping around. I thought I would share with you some of the things I have found over the last few days pertaining to the Red Sox and the World Series.

First, I came across this Twitter account during Monday night's game:

If you wish to follow this, here's the link
Here's some of the tweets you'll enjoy:


Also, if you don't already follow Tom Caron from NESN on Twitter, you really should.  He has an edge to him, and I always end up laughing during the games when he's tweeting.  Here's an example:

To follow Tom Caron on Twitter, here's the link

And the airplane craziness.  If you didn't hear, the Cardinals' plane had an issue yesterday when it was supposed to take off to Boston.  After being delayed most of the day, the Cardinals were finally able to get a new airplane and fly to Boston.  There was a lot of fun on Twitter yesterday about it, but this was my favorite:


Another great thing that happened was Jennifer Gardner's interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live.  As you may know, Jennifer Gardner is married to Ben Affleck, a huge Red Sox fan despite this photo (he was reportedly filming a movie, and it's nothing more).  Seems like Jennifer Gardner has caught the beard bug.


The Interview itself is pretty good because Gardner talks about all the superstitions that go along with some people when cheering for games.  I admit, I have my own superstitions.  Probably the least embarrassing one is whenever Lester started this postseason, I wore my "Lester" shirt.  Seemed to work out pretty well for the games he pitched.  Here's the link to the video of Gardner's interview.

I've also found some great things on Buzzfeed.  Buzzfeed posts have been invading my Facebook newsfeed lately.  I hate to admit it, but I've been pretty entertained by some of them.  My personal favorite is the ranking of the Boston Red Sox Facial Hair.  Check it out here:

The Dropkick Murphy's are performing the National Anthem tonight, as well as playing "Shipping Up to Boston" during the pre-game ceremonies.  Worth mentioning that the Red Sox are undefeated (8-0) when the Murphy's perform the National Anthem.  Let's hope the streak continues tonight!


Go Red Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment