Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Making Decisions: Clothes Edition

Okay, I’m going a bit girly in this post, so if you don’t care about clothes and such, please avert your eyes. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m heading to Chicago this weekend and will be attending the Red Sox at Cubs game on Sunday. It will be my first time at Wrigley Field, though I have seen the Red Sox play the White Sox many times before.

Before every trip, it’s always important to plan out what you’re going to wear, especially if you’re a woman. I will be in Chicago for three days, and it’s supposed to be highs around 90 degrees all weekend. For some people, making a decision on what to wear, especially to a baseball game, might seem easy. It never is for me.

First, I can filter out my Red Sox sweatshirts; it’s going to be way too warm even in the evening. Going through the inventory of my closet, this is what I have for Red Sox attire:

Player Shirts
Lester
Beckett
Varitek (blue “C”)
Varitek (green)
Ellsbury (#46)
Ellsbury (#2)
Lowell
Pedroia
Crawford

Other Shirts
Red Sox women’s jersey (pull-over)
Fenway Park shirt (blue)
White and navy blue sleeveless
White striped Red Sox t-shirt

So, looking at these options I can already eliminate the “Ellsbury (#46)” option because #46 is no longer Ellsbury’s number. I think it’s safe to say that I can also eliminate the Crawford and other Ellsbury shirt, since they’re currently on the disabled list. (For the record, I received the Crawford shirt the offseason he was signed and have only worn it maybe once or twice.) I can also eliminate the Varitek and Lowell shirts because they have both retired. I do still wear these shirts, but to a game would be like someone wearing a “Crisp” shirt, which was tweeted by Pete Abraham a couple weeks ago.

I also don’t think I’ll be wearing my Fenway Park shirt because they are not playing at Fenway Park. The jersey may be out too because it’ll be too warm for that. I’m not really a fan of the sleeveless shirt either; I mostly wear it with my dri-fit Red Sox shorts. I think I’ll also eliminate the white-striped Red sox shirt because I don’t want to be perceived as a “pink hat,” since it does have a little more “style” than “grit.”

Lester is scheduled to pitch on Saturday, and Beckett is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. So, I’m torn between my Beckett and my Pedroia shirt. The last time I saw Beckett pitch live was in 2010 at Fenway Park, and he was amazing! Beckett’s line that day was: 8.0IP 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 8K 1HR. On the other hand, who doesn’t like Pedroia?

So, there’s the dilemma. Beckett or Pedroia? One of the most frustrating pitchers who has been on as of late (even though he gave up 4 early runs to the Marlins last night before settling in) or one of the most beloved players on the team. Decisions… decisions…

No comments:

Post a Comment