Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Monday, July 1, 2013

I Am Moving To Connecticut




Well, this is slightly Red Sox related (but not really), but it does impact this blog.  Remember that HUGE news I’ve been hinting at?  Well, I couldn’t wait any longer!  I am moving to Hartford, Connecticut!  I wanted to make sure my family, close friends, and work knew before I made this public, which is why the delay.

Why am I moving to Connecticut, you ask?  Well, my boyfriend was offered a new position with the company he works for, and he asked me to go with him.  He is actually moving next Friday, July 12th.  I have a few things I need to get finished in Davenport, and I wanted to give my work plenty of notice (9 weeks should be sufficient).

My boyfriend found the possibility of the new position about a month ago, and we discussed it at length as soon as he found out.  At that time, it was just a possibility, and we went over every scenario that could play out for us (I’m sure of this because it was mostly me going through those scenarios in my head). 

His company offered him the position a week later, while he was in Kansas City, and he had to let them know that day.  He texted me around 11:00 that morning, and the texts were flying back and forth the next hour or so.  I knew he couldn’t pass up the job, and I let him know this.  He asked if I would go with him; and at the time, I really didn’t know. 

See, here’s something you may or may not know about me, I’m a planner.  A BIG planner.  I plan out EVERYTHING: menus for the week, tasks I need to accomplish, shopping lists, etc.  I even plan out what I’m going to wear for the entire week on Sundays (it’s just easier that way).  Moving half-way across the country was not something I had planned.

My poor boyfriend.  When he got back from Kansas City, I think I asked him about a thousand questions during the next week and a half.  One of my first questions to him was how far Hartford, Connecticut was to Fenway Park (Answer: 1 ½ hours drive).  He had an answer for pretty much every question; and if he didn’t, he said we’d figure it out.  My boyfriend is seriously the most amazing man.

I told my parents, brothers, sister-in-law, and my youngest brother’s fiancĂ©e last weekend.  That went well; especially considering most of them were lobbying for me to go and kept telling me to apply for a job at ESPN.  One of my brothers also told me that if I didn’t go, he would physically put me in a box and ship me to Hartford.  I wanted to make sure I told my grandparents and my closest friend before I let the rest of the world know as well.

I’m not sure how this will entirely affect the blog.  Obviously, Connecticut is much closer to Boston compared to Iowa.  My goal is to go to more Red Sox games, since we’ll be so close!  Less than 2 weeks after I move, I’ll be attending a Red Sox-Yankees game, which I’m psyched about! 

I’d also like to visit the stadiums in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and even New York, while I’m there.  It might even be worth the drive to hit Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh.  One of my goals is to visit every ballpark in the Majors.  I would also like to go to some Red Sox Minor League level games while out East.

This is seriously the biggest decision I’ve ever made in my life.  I’m both extremely excited and nervous about moving, as the farthest I’ve ever moved away from Davenport is Ames, Iowa (about 3 hours away) for college. 

So, I guess I'll have to get a Hartford Whalers shirt and start chanting "Let's Go, Whalers" for an NHL team that hasn't existed since 1997.



With all that said, the Red Sox played very well against the Blue Jays this weekend, taking 3 of the 4 games.  They are the first American League team to 50 wins, and are 3 games up on the Orioles.  Let’s hope they can continue!  I’ll have more Red Sox-related stuff on Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment