Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seriously, Valentine?

I've decided to start a series of posts called "Seriously, Valentine?"  In these, I will question Valentine's decisions/comments/actions/etc.  This is not to say that I don't think Bobby Valentine is doing a good job as manager (honestly, I still think it's too early to tell either way).  I just thought it would be an interesting segment of posts.

In today's enstallment of "Seriously, Valentine?" is Valentine's decision to pinch-hit Darnell McDonald for Ryan Sweeny in the eighth inning.  Yes, McDonald had a good game on Friday; and yes, Sweeney did not have a hit in today's game (for the record, there were only three Red Sox hits; no one was hitting).  But, why would anyone pinch-hit someone who is batting .147 (McDonald) for someone who is hitting .373 on the season (Sweeney)?  Pinch hitting a cold bat for a hot bat is not a good idea.  McDonald struck out for Sweeney.

No comments:

Post a Comment