Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Friday, April 27, 2012

Twitter-Mania!!!


As I’ve mentioned before, I joined Twitter, but only to follow Red Sox news (and a few other people/groups). It seems to be the fastest way to get information today, so I caved and joined. As one of my brothers told me this past weekend, since I don’t “tweet,” I’m a lurker and a creeper. So be it then!

Honestly, I don’t find any thrill in broadcasting over the internet/phone every little thing that happens in my life. I probably only post on Facebook 2-3 times a week, and one of those times is on the weekends when I link up the blog to Facebook. But, on the other hand, I have no problem reading “tweets” from other people!

(Just on a side note, I found out recently that the Twitter bird logo’s name is Larry. As in Larry Bird.)

So, for a fun, Friday post, I decided to repost some of the tweets regarding the Red Sox. As a note, not all players are on Twitter. Without further adieu, here are this week’s tweets:

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
#Tigers averaged 8.7 runs first 3 games against #RedSox. In 16 games since, 3.3. Seventh in AL, behind Bos, Tex, NYY, Cle, TB, Tor.

MLB @MLB
The Red Sox broadcasters spent about a minute last night debating whether mittens have fingers: atmlb.com/JKaq1k

MLB @MLB
Felix Doubront went for the hug. Jarrod Saltalamacchia went for the handshake. Awkward: atmlb.com/lvsUQ4

Red Sox Tweets Info @RedSoxInfo
Middlebrooks earns Player of the Week nod- MLB.com, atmlb.com/IwAyr2 #RedSox

David Ortiz @davidortiz
Good morning everyone beautifull day in Chicago ready to start a 4 game serie with the WS here we go again...go sox34 (*I did not make those typing errors.)

Kelly Shoppach @ShopHouse10
Lou Brown: “If we win one today, that’s two in a row. If we win one tomorrow, that’s
called a winning streak. It has happened before…”


Jacoby Ellsbury @JacobyEllsbury
Nice win to start road trip! 2 huge home runs from @IamCodyRoss

Kevin Millar @KMillar15
Sully from Godsmack enjoying a day off at the house #boysclub #voodoo pic.twitter.com/iHhS7BTG(Yes, I am a Sully Erna/Godsmack fan. I find it interesting that Millar is wearing a Cubs shirt though- Sully is representing Boston though. Here’s the pic:)



Ryan Sweeney @RyanSweeney12
Man it’s great to be back in the Midwest in chi town and hang out with our friends. Family is coming in tomorrow can’t wait! (**Ryan Sweeney did not start in tonight's game.)

Adrian Gonzalez @adriangon28
Great win for us tonight, before I forget tmorrow, just want to wish the Bruins another game 7 series win.

And my favorites of the week:

Mike Aviles @Themikeaviles
So I get in the cab to the field and the cabbie asks me how to get to US Cellular? Should be a fun ride! #adventure (***Before Thursday's game)

Mike Aviles @Themikeaviles
So yesterday I thought I'd get in the cab, I was wrong its today we get lost!!  How hard is it to know the city you're a cabbie in?

No comments:

Post a Comment