Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Is Something Wrong With Clay Buchholz?



Sunday, I had a quick conversation with my grandfather about the Red Sox.  In that conversation, he asked me if something was physically wrong with Clay Buchholz.  He said that he's noticed how skinny he was and how his eyes seem to be sunken in.  I had noticed this before, but I chose to ignore it.

Why?  Well, to explain this I need to reveal something about myself, which is not exactly what I want to do on a Red Sox blog, but it's related.  I've always been rather thin, and complete strangers have come up to me and asked if I was anorexic (can't make this stuff up).  I've always had a healthy appetite, and my metabolism eventually caught up with me.  I'm still pretty thin, but I'm healthy.

Buchholz doesn't look healthy.  I remember during the Red Sox's episode of "30 Clubs in 30 Days," when Ortiz pointed to a fake skeleton and joked that it was Buchholz.  It was good for a laugh at the time, but maybe there's something else going on there. 



Above is a picture of Buchholz when he threw his no-hitter in 2007.  He still looks thin, but he looks different.  Again, it could just be he's happy in the picture in 2007 and not so happy in the picture at the top in 2012, but something is going on with him.  Something doesn't seem right.

Five years have passed since Buchholz threw his no-hitter.  Most people gain weight in five years (I know I have); some players (Beckett last year) gain weight in a year.  I don't know if something is wrong with Buchholz, but maybe gaining a few pounds would do Buchholz some good.  At the very least, it would get people to stop talking about him like I am (I apologize for it... just concerned).

No comments:

Post a Comment