Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Thoughts

* MLB blocked the Pesky tribute prior to the game last night, so I missed all of that. What I did see: all the Red Sox players wearing #6, the #6 in the outfield, and the Angels players wearing the patch in tribute to Pesky. I thought the whole thing was very thoughtful and respectful. I know the Red Sox had to get permission from MLB to all wear #6, and I’m glad MLB allowed it.

* I think the Matsuzaka pitching in Pawtucket last night was an imposter. Matsuzaka pitched 7+ innings, threw 102 pitches, only gave up 1 run, walked 4, and struck out 7? I might have to check those stats again.

* Wasn’t it last season the term “bridge year” was thrown about. I think the Sox should call this year the “bridge year.”

* Clayton Mortensen has done a really good job this year in relief, despite being bounced between Triple-A and the Majors. Do the Sox hold on to him in the off-season or trade him?

* I would really like to find the stat of how many times Joba Chamberlain has thrown at KevinYoukilis, and how many times he has actually hit Youk. I read the box-score for the White Sox-Yankees game yesterday and saw that Chamberlain had hit Youkilis. I did a quick Google search for the stats and didn’t find any results. You’d think after all these years, MLB would step in and start fining Chamberlain since it appears to be EVERY at-bat these two meet.

* Youkils got his revenge on the Yankees last night; he hit a grand slam.

* It’s been cooler here in Iowa this past week (short-lived), and the trees are starting to turn colors in my neighborhood. As much as I love baseball and will always be a baseball girl at heart, I’m excited for football season to start. New England Patriots and Iowa Hawkeyes are my teams (and I will root for the Iowa Stat Cyclones when they are not playing the Hawkeyes, since that’s where I graduated from).

No comments:

Post a Comment