Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Monday, May 20, 2013

Red Sox at Twins 5/17/13 and 5/18/13

Red Sox @ Twins 5/17/13 and 5/18/13

I had a great time in Minneapolis this weekend!  If you ever get the chance to visit Target Field, I highly recommend it.  The field is one of the newest in the Major League, opening in 2010.  Even though it’s a relatively big stadium, it still had a small stadium.  It didn’t appear there was a really a bad seat in the place, and there were hardly any lines to get concessions.

My boyfriend and I ended up going to two games this weekend.  Friday night, we had finished dinner and decided to find a sports bar around the stadium.  There were a lot of scalpers around, and while we enjoyed a beer during the first inning at a non-sports bar, we decided to see what tickets were running for.  We immediately found a scalper, and when they asked if we wanted tickets, my boyfriend explained we only had $20.  SOLD! 

We found our seats in section 331 during the third inning, and enjoyed a couple beers and most of the rest of the game.  Friday’s game was a good game for both teams, and Buchholz pitched well (7.0 IP 4H 2ER 3BB 9SO 1HR).  However, not well enough for a win.  The Red Sox won 3-2 in 1- innings on a sac fly by Jonny Gomes, scoring Pedroia.  (We missed the 10th inning because we were not dressed for the game.  It was about 50 degrees and windy, and we didn’t have sweatshirts or jackets.)

Saturday’s game was a monster game for David Ortiz; he hit 2 home runs, had 3 hits total, and 6 RBIs.  Dempster did not pitch well at all (4.2 IP 8H 5ER 6BB 2SO 127 pitches).  The bullpen did really well (4.1IP 4H 0R 2BB 2SO).  Everyone on the team had at least one hit besides Ciriaco, and Pedroia, Ortiz, Nava, and Middlebrooks had multiple hits.  The Red Sox won 12-5.

Below are some pictures that I took of the trip and games.  Enjoy!

Game 1: Red Sox @ Twins 5/17/13

Entering Minneapolis… it was raining

Me and my boyfriend at the game.  He at least had Red Sox apparel on.

Ellsbury in Centerfield

Buchholz pitching

Minneapolis skyline from Target Field

Another shot of the Minneapolis skyline from Target Field

Game 2: Red Sox @ Twins 5/18/13

My boyfriend and me decked out in our Red Sox gear

Another shot of my boyfriend and me, this time with Target Field behind us

Dempster starting

A guy was wearing a Crawford jersey; I had to take a picture.  I also saw a woman wearing a Beckett jersey.  It was strange because most Twins fans either had Mauer or Mourneau apparel on, and that was about it.  I did see two guys with Twins Mientkiewicz jerseys on.  Didn’t see one Hunter or Thome shirt.

And another guy had a Garciapara jersey on

Ellsbury batting

Ortiz batting

Ortiz on first, Pedroia on Second

Nice shot of Target Field at night

Red Sox win!

Pete Abraham of The Boston Globe retweeted my Tweet during the game Saturday night, which was pretty neat for me.  So, remember to follow me on Twitter @AshleyAries

No comments:

Post a Comment