Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some Random Thoughts...

* Carl Crawford has been shut down for the next 5-7 days because of inflammation in his wrist. As stated in a previous post, Crawford was trying to come back from wrist surgery by Opening Day. It seems that this won’t be happening; and currently, there is no timetable for Crawford’s return.

* I loved this exchange that Peter Abraham of The Boston Globe wrote about regarding Youkilis:

The Red Sox infielders were taking grounders on Field 2 this morning when a kid who looked to be 10 or 11 yelled out, "Hey, Youk, give me a ball."

Kevin Youkilis looked up and said, "What's the right way to ask?"

Chagrined, the kid said, "Can I please have a ball?"

Youk tossed the kid a ball.

"Don't ever forget that for the rest of your life," he said.

"Thanks," said the kid.

It’s nice to see athletes being positive role models for children.

* Carlos Silva was scratched from his start tomorrow for “shoulder inflammation” and is no longer in the running for the fifth starter position. It’s supposedly a major issue too because his long-term future is “being discussed.”

* As I’ve mentioned before, Valentine seems to have more energy on the Red Sox, which is probably a good thing. In an article in The Boston Globe this morning, it was reported that Valentine wakes up around 5:00 every morning goes on fifteen-mile bike rides before reporting to field, and allows himself one cup of coffee. My only question is HOW? I also wake up at 5:00 in the morning and drink one cup of coffee before work, but there’s no way I could do that PLUS a FIFTEEN-MILE BIKE RIDE before reporting to work. And mind you, I sit at a desk pretty much all day.

* If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Android, I highly recommend the MLB.com At Bat app. If you already have MLB.TV Premium package (which I do), the app is free; otherwise, I think it’s like $14.99 for the season. Last night, I was able to watch the game on my iPhone while on the treadmill. Today, I listened to the commentary of the game on my way back to work at lunch. There’s also news, highlight reels, Gameday action, and a ton of other information.

No comments:

Post a Comment