Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Few Random Thoughts....

* Danny Woodhead wants to meet Dustin Pedroia. This makes sense on a few levels since they are roughly the same size, were told they were too small to play their respective sports, and proved the doubters wrong. Plus, who wouldn’t want to meet Dustin Pedroia?

* Vincente Padilla was arrested in Nicaragua for not paying child support. Reportedly, he’s been released but the issue is still pending. He failed to pay $540 a month for his tenth child and has made roughly $50 million in his career. I say release him. The Sox need to get away from the drama (see John Lackey).

* Cubs-Red Sox tickets are expensive! I know, this isn’t news. I checked StubHub yesterday for tickets, and the cheapest are $74.90 for standing room only. I don’t think I’ll be making it to a game.

* Cherington said it’s highly unlikely the Red Sox sign another starting pitcher. I’m not sure if this is true or misdirection. I’m still holding out on a Garza deal, though I know that’s just a dream.
**UPDATE: Edwin Jackson is reportedly signing with the Nationals, and it appears Roy Oswalt will either sign with the Cardinals or Rangers.

* Josh Beckett needs to address the issue of last year prior to going into Spring Training.  He’s been the only one out of the “Big Three” (Beckett, Lester, Buchholz) who hasn’t made a comment. I know he likes his privacy, but a simple “We screwed up, and I’m sorry about that” is all he needs to say. Otherwise, Spring Training could be a nightmare for him.

* I made Dustin Pedroia’s Pasta Primavera out of the “Diamond Dishes” cookbook by Julie Loria a few weeks ago. I highly recommend the dish and the cookbook (Thanks, Mollie!). I already made David Wright’s Chicken Parmesan as well (Delicious! Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite foods). I also want to try Pujols’ “Home Run Chicken” because one of my co-worker’s has been talking about the chicken for years. Literally.

* I’ve never been a collector of baseball cards, except for a few occasional ones my brother would pass on to me (mostly, because he didn’t want them), but I think it would be fun to have one of the Skip Schumaker cards featuring the Rally Squirrel. If you haven’t seen it yet, I recommend looking it up on the internet. Hilarious!

* Lastly, I’m not planning on doing any more updates until after Monday (though if something does come up, I will probably do a post). Busy weekend with the Super Bowl and attempting to celebrate my birthday if the weather holds out. Have a great weekend!  Go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment