Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Return of Manny Ramirez

The A's are reportedly going to sign Manny Ramirez to a minor league deal for $500,000.  In order to "un-retire" and join the team, he must first serve a 50-game suspension.  Personally, I believe Manny should have to serve the 100-game suspension he was given when he tested positive the SECOND time for PEDs. 

I was at the infamous "Manny Being Manny" game.  I witnessed Manny using his "secret door" of the Green Monster; I saw all the antics.  I shook my head in disgust when Manny "forgot" which knee he injured, which prevented him from playing in a handful of games with the Red Sox.  I read about the reports when he shoved a Red Sox travel coordinator.  I did have a slight smile when I saw Manny "high-five" the fan when catching a flyball.  I could go on and on; but in short, Manny wore out his welcome in Boston.

Manny was traded to the Dodgers, and we witnessed what was known as "Mannywood."  But, Manny then tested positive the first time for PEDs the first time.  He served his suspension and was aloof with what he was using.  Soon, Manny wore out his welcome in L.A. as well and was traded to the White Sox.  Last year, he signed with the Rays and tested positive for PEDs in April.  Instead of serving his suspension, Manny chose to retire and say goodbye to baseball.

As you can probably tell, I've never been a fan of Manny Ramirez.  I don't think his attitude is good for baseball, and he obviously doesn't have much, if any, respect for the game or the fans.  As my youngest brother put it today, in regards to Manny's 50-game suspension, it's like getting a two-year prison sentence and convincing the judge for a year of house arrest.  Manny needs to be accountable for his actions instead of skating by with the bare minimum (effore, respect, etc.).  And again, I don't understand the A's decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment