Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm Styling... Or Something to that Affect

This past weekend, I started to re-organize my closet. I say started because I only got about half-way through it and have yet to go through my clothes (I did find a boot strap and cardigan that I’ve been missing for weeks!). What does this have to do with the Red Sox, you ask? Let me tell you.

Every year around this time, I usually go onto Yawkey Way’s website and see if there’s anything I “need” for the season. I have multiple sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts, fashion shirts, hats, coats, scarves, and even socks. Yes, I own Red Sox socks (I’m even thinking about ordering the Red Sox red socks from Chowdaheadz).

Last year, I realized I had most of the position player t-shirts. To date, I now own the following player t-shirts: Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Crawford, Varitek (2), Lester, and Beckett. I also have a Lowell and Yaz shirts, though my brother has come to “adopt” my Yaz one as his own. I even wear my pink, Johnny Damon t-shirt my dad brought back from Boston in 2004 (though I wear it to bed, since I’m not a fan of pink), and I have a player t-shirt that says “Trot” in honor of Trot Nixon. There’s also a “Papi” t-shirt that has floated between my brother, mom, and I too, but I’m not sure who’s in possession of it at the moment.

I’m thinking I need to get a Gonzalez shirt this year. He raked last year, and it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s going to do the same this year. Saltalamacchia would also be a fun shirt, just because he has an awesome name (seriously, Saltalamacchia is so much fun to say!).

My dog, Fenway Parker, even owns Red Sox items! He has a Red Sox collar and leash, which I’m sure I’m going to have to replace this year since he tends to chew on it. I bought him a Red Sox jersey two years ago (and he is adorable in it!) and a shirt that says “I bite Yankees fans” to wear during Yankees series. He’s adopted my beanie-bear Nomar bear as his own as well (No-mah!).

During the regular season, it’s typical of me to wear my Red Sox apparel after work and on weekends. Honestly, I could probably go over three weeks of wearing Red Sox clothes without repeating. Is this bad? I don’t think so. If I was a man, people wouldn’t think anything of it. If I lived in Boston, it would be considered the norm, right?  Though, I do have to admit, I don’t get quite as many strange looks wearing my  Red Sox gear that I do wearing my  Bruins shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment