Follow The Blog

Pinterest

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dollar Beard Night and Some More Fun Posts

I think we can all be in agreement that this Boston Red Sox team is fun.  They're fun to watch play, fun in interviews, fun on Twitter, etc.  I don't care what people say, having good team chemistry effects the way a team performs.  Look at the 2004 Boston Red Sox "Idiots."  They weren't the best team on paper, but they had the best chemistry and carried that into the post season and eventually brought home the World Series Trophy.

With this post, I thought I would show you some of the humor that the game of baseball, not necessarily the Boston Red Sox, has seen this season.  Whether it be t-shirts, interviews, the Harlem Shake, teams are having fun.  Maybe not so surprisingly, it's the teams that seem to be having the most fun that are succeeding on some level.

First, the Red Sox are having Dollar Beard Night at Fenway tonight.  That means, if you come to the ballpark tonight with a beard (real or fake), you can get into the game for a $1, as long as there are seats available.  How cool is that?  I'm not going to lie, but I kind of want to make a fake beard to watch the game at home tonight.  I know the game is going to be fun to watch, with the highlight potentially being the crowd.


The Yawkey Way Store is now selling #GetBeard t-shirts, which features all the beards from our favorite players that we've grown to know and love.  The t-shirts are Nike, made from cotton, and come in grey and red.  I'm a little disappointed that these weren't available last week when I was at the Yawkey Way Store because I want one.  Might need to order one before the trip to Baltimore...

Click here to visit Yawkey Way Store's website

Last night, my boyfriend wanted to watch the Cleveland Indians Harlem Shake video, which was released during Spring Training.  I thought MLB had taken it off YouTube, but it was there last night.  Seriously, if you haven't seen it (I've posted it already in this post), you need to check it out.


There are other MLB Harlem Shake videos, featuring the A's, Diamondbacks, Brewers, and Mets, which I've posted below:


Oakland A's

Arizona Diamondbacks

Milwaukee Brewers

New York Mets

While I'm posting funny videos, I think I have to post the one of Uehara's enthusiastic high-riving (watch out Victorino!), which has brought us #highfivecity.  While I'm going to post the video below, I think it's also important to note that Uehara gave up a run last night, ending his streak of retiring batters to 37.  But, he's still one of the best, if not the best, closers in the game today.  Here's the video:


Well, that's about it for me.  I'm in the process of updating the blog, adding new features, and adding more ways to follow Born Into It In Iowa.  Please, if you could pass the word on to people you feel would be interested in the blog, I'd appreciate it.  This is truly a passion for me, and I'd like to continue it for as long as possible.  Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment